Photo Post: The ‘Mr. Cock’ Photo Shop

May 2nd, 2011 | Categoría: Culture

We’ve all seen our fair share of poorly chosen English words or expressions, but this one takes the cake.

I saw this while walking around Olivos on Sunday. Mr. Cock appears to be a photography studio that specializes in taking “babies and kids” portraits. It may also sell kids clothing. I couldn’t tell for sure because the store was closed.

Whatever the case, the name of the business doesn’t exactly inspire confidence, does it?

All of this reminded me of the “McPussy” windshield wiper post we did back in 2009. Or how about them “Barfy” burgers! Anyone tried those?

tangobobNo Gravatar says:

Reminds me of a bar in Palermo Minga, you wouldn’t want to pick up a waitress from there.

LusNo Gravatar says:

Can I reply with something slightly slightly different?

Stephen Fry and Alan Davies are great!!!

Have a laugh guys!!

Ha, very funny!

NicolasNo Gravatar says:

found this in the McPussy post:

paula
March 13, 2009 at 1:10 pm
The Mr. Cock store had very cute kids/baby clothes. We bought some adorable baby t-shirts embroidered with a little duck and the words “Mr. Cock” in baby blue for our friend in the US, as a joke. The baby did not wear the t-shirts outside the home. I hope…

Ha! That’s too funny. Scooped by my own reader :) Guess I either never saw this or forgot about it. Credit where credit is due. Saludos!

MarcosNo Gravatar says:

Sorry I don’t quite get this, my English skills are not that good it seems.
Why this is funny but also there are men named Dick like Dick Tracy?

Thanks

JulianNo Gravatar says:

Maybe the owner’s real last name is “Gallo”. He might have wanted to give his store and business a “cool” name by translating it to English… FAIL!!

John GarganNo Gravatar says:

What a classic! too funny! jejeje LoL …. Marcos, calling a mate a “cock” in jest is kinda OK, but calling your business “Cock” is a no go!

Dana FitzNo Gravatar says:

I took pics of both the ‘Barfy’ label (which I posted), and the ‘McPussy’ label (which I chickened out on posting) last time I was in BA, bu,t to be fair, I enjoyed the ‘Oregon’ potato chips, being from the Portland area. Really funny stuff!

KatieNo Gravatar says:

Apparently this is a chain! Here’s a photo of the Mr. Cock children’s clothing store in Bariloche! http://flic.kr/p/52qFsN

Adios_USANo Gravatar says:

There is also a photo processing place on Corrientes called Mr. Dick Foto. I got a good laugh over the lice treatment called Assy, I have seen it in farmacias around town…